We have been engaged by a leading manufacturer of specialized equipment to identify the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
who will play a key role in the next stage of their growth. As a CFO, you will be a key member of an entrepreneurial leadership team, contributing insight, advice and assistance to the CEO and Senior Leadership team in developing the strategic and tactical plans for the company. They will expect you to instill internal financial discipline and display the external market acumen that is expected of a reputable mid-market company.
The specific responsibilities will include:
- Overall financial performance of the business and communicating that to external stakeholders and the Board
- Providing financial guidance and decision support to the management team
- Building a robust and disciplined Finance function, ensuring appropriate tools and team members are in place to support the business.
- Leading the development of the operating plan, and building the platform to support domestic and international expansion. through a comprehensive set of financial and operational controls
- Partnering with the CEO to face the public markets, work with bankers and analysts to raise equity capital, pursue acquisitions and report results.
- Ensuring that the company is meeting its compliance, regulatory and governance obligations.
This role will be most appropriate for those who have the following qualifications and experience:
- A CPA with approximately 10 years’ experience including leading the Finance function.
- The “technical” experience and the market facing skills to lead equity raises and vet/execute M&A transactions.
- Experience in a high-growth manufacturing or distribution business
- Clearly demonstrable, shareholder value generated
- Agility and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Able to roll up your sleeves to build the processes, systems and tools that are needed.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills.
This role offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary, bonus and equity participation. This is a full-time role located in the Kelowna Area of BC.