Are you a successful and experienced, hands-on VP of Finance
that wants to be valued as a business partner to the entity? Do you have a strong blend of financial management and strategic/business acumen? If so, you should consider this opportunity in a private equity backed mid-market company where you will keep the business focused on driving critical initiatives forward, as the company goes through a period of significant growth and transition.
As the Head of Finance, you will be a key member of an entrepreneurial leadership team, contributing insight, advice and assistance to the President and Senior Leadership team in providing strategic planning and operational support to the business. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a private equity backed, oil and gas environment and be accustomed to the reporting and financial leadership required of such for a reputable mid-market company.
The specific responsibilities will include:
- Overall financial performance of the business and communicating that to external stakeholders and the Board
- Providing financial guidance and decision support to the management team
- Providing leadership to the finance team, ensuring the tools and structures are in place to support the business
- Managing and coordinating all fiscal reporting activities for the organization (month end internal financials, reports to the bank, reports to the Board and equity partner)
- Leading the development of the operating plan, and building the platform to support the expansion through a comprehensive set of financial and operational controls
- Ensuring that the company is meeting its compliance, regulatory and governance obligations.
This role will be most appropriate for those who have the following qualifications and experience:
- A CPA with approximately 7-10 years experience including leading the Finance function
- Expertise managing lending relationships & facilities, and related reporting
- Experience with private equity investors and corporate partnering in an investor backed company would also be ideal
- Clearly demonstrable, shareholder value generated
- Agility and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Able to roll up your sleeves to build the processes, systems and tools that are needed
- Strong executive presence and communication skills
- Oil and Gas industry experience not necessary, but preferred.
This role offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary, bonus and potential equity participation. This is a full-time role located in Fort St. John, BC.