Our client, a global entrepreneurial business, with a solid brand and a commitment to servicing the industry to which they supply products; is poised for significant growth in Canada. They are committed to sustainability and environmental issues as well as exceptional and fair labour practices; all of which are evidenced through their manufacturing facilities and distribution network internationally. They are client centric – customizing their solutions to their client’s needs, constantly developing innovative and high-quality products.
In order to build on their successful global platform and expand their Canadian early stage business, they are hiring a President to strategically lead this growth. The role will be based north of Toronto and will report directly to the CEO in the US. The opportunity requires a commercially oriented President, one with a sales and commercial mindset, to develop and implement corporate strategic, operational and financial goals. As the leader of the business in Canada, you will build a strong culture aligned with the corporate office, through a cohesive, high performing team, supporting them and holding them accountable for success. You will use your financial and business acumen to achieve revenue and profitability goals, identifying opportunities to improve margins, offer different pricing options and build effective budgets and cost control.
As a strategic and sales-oriented leader you will leverage global manufacturing and distribution processes, constantly evaluating organizational performance and recommending new strategies for improvements. Immerse yourself in the relevant industry segment and increase brand awareness and position the organization to take advantage of opportunities.
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following;
- Undergrad degree in Business Administration/Finance/Economics.
- CPA/CA or MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience, managing and growing a small to mid-sized business, experience in a division or subsidiary of a larger corporation is ideal.
- Exceptional business acumen, sales/business development mindset, with an analytical approach and the ability to use and extract data to make business decisions.
- Solid people leadership skills, inspiring and influencing behaviours and efforts in order to meet/exceed goals. Grow the team by attracting, hiring and retaining top talent.
- Previous experience building various programs: KPIs, quality measurements, customer satisfaction ratings; finding ways to challenge the status quo.
- Experience from a product based industry strongly preferred; with a sales/distribution focus.
- Ability to travel in Canada and abroad.
This is an exceptional and newly created confidential role for an aspiring President or Operations Finance leader who has held P&L responsibility of a commercial business unit. Please apply immediately as this process will move quickly.