We have a unique opportunity for a Partner & Managing Director M&A to be based in Toronto, who has deep industry expertise in the technology and/or healthcare verticals. Our client is hiring a Partner whose goals and values are aligned to their goal of building out a preeminent client-centric and values-based advisory firm by providing exceptional advice, solutions and service to their clients.
The Partner & Managing Director will be a part of a growing platform and be responsible for building an industry practice / vertical. The technology and healthcare sectors are growing industries that are resilient to downturns in the market. This role would be responsible for identifying sub-sectors or niche areas of growth within these sectors and executing on these growth strategies. They will have support from junior and mid-level investment bankers – and will have the opportunity to build a team beneath them as the practice grows.
This role is exciting for qualified candidates based in Canada as well as those working in the U.S. or abroad who are looking to move home to Canada.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A strong track record of advising, originating and successfully closing M&A transactions, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in Canada or globally.
- Expertise in the technology and/or healthcare sectors is strongly preferred. A diversified industries background will be considered if there has been significant exposure to Technology or Healthcare transactions.
- Demonstrated history of developing new business through the cultivation of existing relationships as well as the development of new relationships.
- Leadership and relevant expertise in building an industry vertical together with the support of the firm providing support with and introductions to pre-existing relationships.
- Team-player with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Integrity, authenticity and history of adhering to high standards when working with both internal colleagues and external clients.
- Willingness and ability to make an equity contribution to ensure that interests are aligned between the leaders of the business.
Please reach out to Leah Palko, in confidence, (or apply to this posting) if you’re interested in being considered for this opportunity. We’re encouraging those in our network to share this posting with anyone who may be qualified and interested based on the criteria above. Please reach out to Leah directly to share any insight or referrals.