We have two exciting new opportunities for a Private Equity client based in Toronto. Our client is a well-known Private Equity investor who takes control positions in companies across all industries, pre-dominantly in North America.
Both opportunities are at the Senior Principal level and are available due to growth. A Senior Principal is expected to play a key strategic role within the team - identifying investment opportunities and considering sub-sectors or niche areas for attractive investments within various industry verticals. Senior Principals also play a lead role on a deal team – leading execution and managing junior / mid-level team members.
Senior Principals also work closely with their portfolio companies’ management teams. They hold a position on the Board of Directors (or be a Board Observer) and will help drive value creation initiatives within the Company.
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of between 8 to 10 years of total relevant experience within Private Equity, Investment Banking and/or Management Consulting with a minimum of 2 years in a Private Equity position (specifically, within a Private Equity firm whose strategy is to take control ownership of their portfolio companies).
- Previous experience either serving on a Board of Directors or as a Board Observer.
- Exposure evaluating investments across diversified industries. The ideal candidates, however, will likely have some deeper industry vertical experience that they could leverage in the role.
- Experience leading the execution of a transaction and managing a deal team.
- Strong communication skills, negotiation skills and management skills.
- An Undergraduate degree. An MBA, CPA, and/or CFA designation would be considered an asset.
Please reach out to Leah McGillivray Palko, in confidence, (or apply to this posting) if you’re interested in being considered for this opportunity (or if you know someone you would like to refer). We’re encouraging those in our network to share this posting with anyone who may be qualified and interested based on the criteria above.