Are you passionate, driven and innovative with a successful and progressive career looking for new challenges to take an organization to the next level? Have you led a multi-location operations team providing leadership and expertise to maximize productivity and optimize the work environment on a national scale, developing talent and building best in class processes? If you have done so in the distribution, logistics, warehousing, or related industries; this could be a significant career development opportunity for you.
Our client is a successful, privately-owned Canadian company, a leader in distribution of critical supplies within their industry vertical. They continue to grow, to respond and change to the needs of their customers, are highly respected both by their employees as well as their vendors and customers. As the VP Operations, reporting to the President, you will be the national leader responsible for managing change as you lead, develop and support the operations teams across Canada. This is a critical time to support margin, sales growth and customer satisfaction by analyzing current productivity and service levels and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Work closely with the different locations and divisional operations directors and managers to develop strategies, build highly motivated and engaged teams and meet corporate operational and financial goals. Develop metrics, programs, policies and procedures to ensure excellence in operational performance. Oversee purchasing; developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key product vendors, manage budgets and execute on business plans. Bring a focus on continuous process improvement, seek out solutions, collaborate with your business colleagues on initiatives and establish long term goals for success and growth.
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or similar preferred
- MBA is an asset
- 15+ years of progressive experience in a senior management role with a successful track record of operational leadership, with proven success contributing to profitability
- Experience from distribution/supply chain/logistics, warehousing industries is required
- Executive relationship building skills, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and implementing efficient operational processes
- Possess a “roll up your sleeves” and hands-on mindset
- Experience building and coaching successful teams, establishing metrics, measuring productivity and driving success
- Ability to work across multiple locations and business units, implementing best practices and processes nationally
- Demonstrated change management experience, analytical skills, decision making capabilities, an entrepreneurial attitude with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is an exciting time to join this organization and put your thumbprint on their future successes. Please apply immediately and in confidence to this role.