Businesses need clear direction, and our client’s service offerings does just that. Having built solutions for businesses to develop and test their assumptions, the organization helps its clients make the right business decisions. As a leading multi-divisional professional services firm, they are looking for a finance leader to take the business to the next level.
With a unique service offering and methodology, this downtown Toronto company has had tremendous success since its inception. Given the significant growth in Canada and the US over the past few years, the company is now looking for its CFO and finance leader to provide overall corporate leadership in growing the firm's business through effective planning and execution of strategic business and financial objectives.
The CFO will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and finance operations of the business, along with:
- Work directly with the owners to provide financial, strategic and operational advice, and develop business plans to support rapid growth
- Lead financing programs to raise capital/funding to help the business scale
- Manage all capital requirements, and monitoring of cash and working capital needs
- Customize regular reporting, budgeting and forecasting; developing and measuring KPIs; tax reporting; compliance and interacting with external advisors and authorities
- Provide outstanding value and operational finance support to multiple business units
Qualifications, skills and traits to be successful in this position are:
- CPA designation required; MBA an asset
- 10+ years of progressive operations finance experience, at least 5 years in a senior leadership capacity
- Track record of driving growth and change in a fast-paced, owner-operated and entrepreneurial environment
- Professional services industry background is REQUIRED
- Experience designing and implementing processes, controls and procedures
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- A continuous improvement mindset to grow the firm's competitive capability through talent, systems and processes
- Enthusiastically hands-on and always prepared to roll-up your sleeves
- Solid technology skill-set including proficiency with ERP/GL systems; including implementations of ERP system(s); strong Excel reporting and modeling skills; and willingness to leverage technology for efficiencies.
This is an exciting time to join this dynamic and entrepreneurial firm and help impact top-line growth and bottom line profitability by putting your thumbprint on the success of the business. Please apply in confidence to be considered.