We have an exciting new opportunity for a Private Equity client based in Toronto. Our client is a well-known Private Equity investor who takes control positions in companies across all industries, pre-dominantly in North America.
The Principal is expected to play a key role within the team – assisting in identifying investment opportunities, creating deal flow, and identifying strategic initiatives. Principals also play a leading support role on a deal team managing Analysts and Associates.
Principals also work closely with their portfolio companies’ management teams. They can hold a position on the Board of Directors (or be a Board Observer) and will help drive value creation initiatives within the Company.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of total relevant experience within Private Equity, Investment Banking and/or Management Consulting with a minimum of a year of Private Equity experience (ideally, within a Private Equity firm whose strategy is to take control ownership of their portfolio companies).
- Previous experience either serving on a Board of Directors or as a Board Observer would be considered an asset.
- Exposure evaluating investments across diversified industries. Strong financial modelling skills.
- Strong communication skills, negotiation skills and management skills.
- An Undergraduate degree. An MBA, CPA, and/or CFA designation would be considered an asset.
Please reach out to Leah McGillivray Palko, in confidence, (or apply to this posting) if you’re interested in learning more about this great opportunity (or if you know someone you would like to refer). We’re encouraging those in our network to share this posting with anyone who may be qualified and interested based on the criteria above.